Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Forget Same-Sex Marriage, Brittany Can't Get Traditional Marriage Right

Sigh. I have really been trying to ignore Ms. Spears/Mrs. Federline's show marriage. She messed everything up the first time with the boyhood sweetheart (and if she was trying to build something for her career, wouldn't that have been a better way to go?). So this time, she goes 100% Hollywood with the wedding. And now, CNN is reporting that the marriage is not legal, because they never bothered to get a marriage license. Brittany says that they are married "in a spiritual sense" and the license is just a piece of paper. But all the people I know who said the same thing, were folks who were split up a few months later, because the lack of a piece of paper reflected a lack of real commitment in the relationship.

But what do I know? I'm still single and young 'uns like Ward are getting married all around me.

No comments: