Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Finally!

Apparently, the President was rather upset at his prep handlers after the first debate and demanded a switch up in style. I hope it works on Friday. But for now I'm contented with having just listened to the President at Wilkes Barre, PA in what might be his best speech ever. I was doing homework so I couldn't take many notes, alas, and there is no transcript up yet either. But as soon as one comes up (hopefully a full video or audio track) I will comment further. But for now I will have to just say that in general, he nailed John Kerry to the wall, actually and finally defended his position and the invasion of Iraq, and came across as more Presidential then I have seen him since the first UN speech prior to the invasion of Iraq. In short, I actually felt pride to support the President for re-election for the first time in a couple of months, and I just hope that more people get to see the speech.

UPDATE
The joys of the web! The Washington Post has a transcript up already.

No comments: