Sunday, April 17, 2005

Helpful Food Websites for our Readers

Last year... well... two years ago now, I lost quite a lot of weight on the Atkins diet. Over 50 pounds! But unfortunately, back surgery (and the extreme pain and inability to walk that required the back surgery) restricted me to a chair/bed for several months, and the pounds came back. This year, I have been slowly returning to eating healthy. I was on Atkins again for several weeks. But this time around, it was not really doing the job. So after talking to several friends who had a lot of success on Weight Watchers, I decided to give it a try. (Well, not entirely the whole try. Attending meetings, weekly weight-ins, etc., would not really be the kind of thing I could do.) The same friends have sent along some useful sites that I wanted to repost here for the benefit of our readers.

Some sites that help with WW info:
Health Discovery Dining Out Guide
Beige Tower Fast Food Guide

Some sites that sell low carb/low point foods:
Walden Farms - No Calorie Foods
Grandma's Guilt-Free Goodies
ThinkThin Low Carb Meal Bars - 5 points/0 Carbs/Taste Great

No comments: