Monday, March 27, 2006

Evangelical Youth Rally "Condemned" by San Francisco

I attend a church that calls itself Evangelical. I consider myself to - in fact - be an Evangelical Christian. And I have attended a number of youth rallys and large events. And I can't think of one of them that could be considered even vaguely offensive. There was one "seminar on rock music" which crossed the line a bit, but that was in a church and not endorsed by any Evangelical leaders. And every city that hosted those "youth events" were thrilled to have us around. We were respectful of property, brought money into the city, and generally were a good influence on the area in which we met.

Well, apparently San Francisco thinks differently as their city counsel (and a small number of counter-protestors) have formally condemned the event as "anti-gay and anti-choice." Sigh. I guess SF is now formally opposed to any opinions that in any way conflict with their own. Way to be open-minded.

No comments: