Sunday, May 07, 2006

Decision Made: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Well, the die is cast and the decision is made. I decided to buy a 2006 Pontiac Vibe from D'Addario GMC in Shelton, CT. Normally, I only look at pre-owned cars for my purchases, but they brought down the price on the new one and agreed to take my worthless car as a $500 trade-in. So in the end the price was pretty comparable to buying a 2005 Pontiac Vibe used. And this way, I get the full warranty plus the extended warranty up to 100,000 miles. Plus, they arranged it so that my costs from having my old Alero break down are wiped out.


The car is "platinum" on the outside (plain silver as in the pictures above) and graphite (dark grey) on the inside. It has a 6-disk CD changer built-in, as well as cruise control, and lots of other goodies. I am very happy with this purchase, and will pick up the car on Monday after work.

For the record, D'Addario was great to deal with for a place where you can haggle on price. Ask for "Dawn" if you go. She is new - and it shows sometimes - but she is low-pressure, which I like. But if you want the best sellers ever, go to Dan Perkins and ask for John or Paul. Only reason they did not get this sale is they had no new Vibes, all the used Vibes were in another state, and I was ready to buy today.

No comments: