Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Interesting story about Obama's character

A good story from Bill Richardson, which is telling if true, about Barack Obama.

I had just been asked a question -- I don't remember which one -- and Obama was sitting right next to me. Then the moderator went across the room, I think to Chris Dodd, so I thought I was home free for a while. I wasn't going to listen to the next question. I was about to say something to Obama when the moderator turned to me and said, 'So, Gov. Richardson, what do you think of that?' But I wasn't paying any attention! I was about to say, 'Could you repeat the question? I wasn't listening.' But I wasn't about to say I wasn't listening. I looked at Obama. I was just horrified. And Obama whispered, 'Katrina. Katrina.' The question was on Katrina! So I said, 'On Katrina, my policy . . .' Obama could have just thrown me under the bus. So I said, 'Obama, that was good of you to do that.
This has the feel of one of those urban legends which wind up to have little if any truth to them. Similar to the "I can not tell a lie" quote attributed to a young George Washington. But we will see. It may simply be an indication of character.

Of course, the other point is to wonder what it means for Obama if people are already making up such stories about him. Does it mean he has truly captured the dreams of Americans.

2 comments:

quizwedge said...

From the article, appears to be a direct quote from Richardson. Obama is the type of guy I wish I agreed with and could vote for. I want to like him and stories like this just add to that feeling.

"Nick" said...

I agree. He is the perfect candidate... if only he weren't so liberal!