Saturday, January 19, 2008

Star Wars Guide to the 2008 Primaries

When I first saw the Star Wars Guide to the candidates, I thought it was a cheap attempt at bad humor. Turns out I was both right and wrong. I found myself quickly transitioning from skepticism to unwilling laughter. Click on thru for the whole thing.

Grand Moff Giuliani

We need a president who has experience running a large, unwieldy government. Like the Empire. "Hey, they said it was unmanageable, ungovernable... a large majority wanted to leave and live somewhere else," his campaign ads say. Well, Giuliani certainly turned things around... he built the Death Star! "By the time I left office," he continues, "the Death Star was the best example of conservative government in the galaxy!" Some folks might disagree with his foreign policy, though, consisting as it does of pretty much blasting whole planets into rubble.
I honestly believe if this list were to appear in local newspapers, it might actually sway some voters in South Carolina and Nevada.

1 comment:

sinreal11 said...

I was both right and wrong. I found myself quickly transitioning from swtor credits skepticism to unwilling laughter. Click on thru for the whole thing.