Thursday, April 03, 2008

Apparently, I need to move

It is common sense to move when one can't find a job where you live. My forefathers moved up here to the northeast from North Carolina, because there were so many jobs. One could even argue that American expansion was driven by the desire of men and women to find gainful employment.

But somehow, it never occurred to me that my location might be a problem in finding a mate. (In her defense, it DID occur to Shadowmom.) This "Singles Map" shows that CT is not a place with a surplus of marriageable women. But the good news is that I don't have to go too far to find a place where single women outnumber single men by 40,0000.

Anyone up for a long vacation in northern New Jersey?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Northeast women are cold - if you don't have looks or money - or both - good luck. This has been the experience of my circle of friends. I live in NYC, and it's murder here trying to find a woman that shows any interest..

According to a recent survey Denver, CO, Raleigh, NC are much better places for those looking to find a mate...

Smaller towns as well - being the "new guy" in a small gives one the benefit of being something new etc..