Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is cute: MY NO TV

This is a cute anti-TV screed. I don't entirely agree, but I think it is worth thinking deeply about.

We have a No TV in our living room.

Sometimes I think it’s our most valuable possession.

Our No TV gives the whole family somewhere between one and six extra hours every day. It’s hard to add hours to a day, but the No TV does it.
I do wonder if with the digital TV conversion coming February 2009, more people will decide to forego TV than upgrade.

5 comments:

Sean said...

It's cute, but disregards the possibility of mutlitasking. Though there are some who would say that true multitasking is only a figment of our imagination.

quizwedge said...

Actually, the conversion is what got us to get an antenna. Before, we just watched DVDs figuring that if we really wanted TV, we could just buy an antenna. Now, with the conversion coming up, it seemed to make more sense to use the $40 off coupon and buy things now. Radio Shack even gave us 25% off the antenna when we bought the converter there.

Anonymous said...

I have known several families who chose to be totally TV-free. It worked well for them, although I don't think it would work for me.

quizwedge said...

I should clarify though... while we bought the antenna and the converter, we keep it in the closet and only bring it out when we specifically want to watch something. This way we don't just sit in front of the tv watching whatever junk happens to be on.

Nomad said...

Wedge, That is complete and totally uncalled for! I have a cable-connected TV in my room and... hold on, a new Mac vs PC commercial just came on. Ha, ha! Okay, where was I? What was I saying?