Saturday, January 24, 2009

Biking Update - January 24, 2008

Weight Log for January 23, 2009This was a poor week for biking and weight loss, but not a week in which anything was lost. This past Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so Nick and I had planned to go out biking in the afternoon. However, Mother Nature was against us and it snowed Sunday night and some of Monday morning. The roads were covered, and even by noon the shoulders (where we'd be biking) were covered by thick, wet snow. We decided that discretion was the better part of valor, so we decided against the ride. We then planned to hit the gym (Nick is a member, and could bring me as a guest) but later in the day, while cleaning up the Living Room in preparation for next week's Superbowl Party, I pulled a muscle in my back. Nothing that stops me from normal life, but it hurts enough that it was advisable not to stress it in the gym. The rest of the week was work, so no biking was possible.

Biking by the Beach in Startford (1/5/2009)Actually, between the back pull and catching a cold, I have not done much exercise at all this week. I am on a break from the 100 Pushup Challenge and have not done much biking in the attic. The good news is this has NOT caused me to gain any significant weight. I am holding below 220 lbs - the target I had set to hit by February - even without weight. So the diet itself is doing the job, apparently. And that is good news.

This next week will probably be no better for biking. Saturday we are traveling to Belle Mead, NJ for one of the two big yearly Bible Quizzing Meets. I'll be coaching the Lower (i.e. Junior High) Team with CRChair, and it will be a great time. But it will have us out of the house and committed from 6 AM to 10 PM, so no biking. Sunday, we'll probably be recovering and not up to biking. And then work begins again. Ah, the cycle of life.

No comments: