Saturday, February 21, 2009

Biking Update - February 21, 2009

Weight Graph as of 2/20/2009For once, I have a good week to report on both the weight loss and biking front! This past week was the first since my sinus infection where I was able to exercise every day. The exercise is still generally light - about 30 minutes a day - but I am working my way back up to the hour I was doing a few weeks back. I hit a new low this week of 211 lbs and was able to stay fairly close to that low every day this week, even the day after having pizza at Guys Night Out. You may recall my next goal is to reach 210 lbs by June, and it is looking like I will get there much sooner. Not sure what I will set as a goal after that, but I surely am excited to see how much weight I will have lost in a year!

Biking by the Beach in Stratford (2/16/2009)I should mention this is also my first week without a beard. The reactions of friends, family, and coworkers were positive enough that I plan to leave it off through at least the Quiz Team Meet at the end of this month. We'll see where it goes from there.

On the biking front, Monday was a banking holiday (Presidents Day) so I was off from work. So, I was able to bike with Nick down by the Stratford Beach. We rode 10.5 miles in about an hour, and discovered a number of new little paths along the river. It was the first real bike ride in a long time, and it felt great. It is amazing how refreshing a ride can be in the cold.

Next week is an unknown bike-riding-wise as the weather looks like it might be unsettled. But "unsettled" might mean snow, rain, or just cloudy. We shall see.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Based upon that photo, if I saw you on the street I wouldn't recognize you. That's pretty impressive on itself. Good job on the weightloss, and the lack of beard looks good too.