Monday, March 16, 2009

Are Tea Parties spreading?

I may be in a bad area to judge, but while I hear a lot about the "Tea Parties" going on around the country, I don't see much of that sentiment in the Northeast. These political protests are patterned after the "Boston Tea Party" and are collecting together people who oppose the massive bailouts of lenders and those caught up in the Mortgage Meltdown.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090316/NEWS0108/903160337

What about you? Are you seeing a "Tea Party" mentality where you are? Mod-Bloggers cover a lot of the East and West Coast. I wonder if this sentiment shows up there, or only in the heartland.

2 comments:

quizwedge said...

There was one down in Southern California that a state assemblyman took part in (possibly even led). I hadn't followed it much though.

Anonymous said...

I heard that there had been one in Connecticut, but I don't remember any mainstream news coverage, either before or after. (I don't really know if it has happened yet or if it is in the planning stage.)