Saturday, March 14, 2009

Biking Update - March 14, 2009

Weight Log as of March 13, 2009Finally, I have good news to report on both the biking front AND the weight loss front. First, on the weight loss front I hit a new low of 208.6 lbs this week - a full pound and a half under my goal weight of 210 lbs. And what is more, I kept it under 210 lbs pretty much the whole week. I had a major spike in weight over the weekend, for no discernible reason, but once I started losing on Monday night, the weight came off pretty quickly and stayed off. This is no doubt due to the fact that I am biking every day again and am doing 10 miles a day on the stationary bike. (Yes, virtual miles, my attic is not THAT large.) Using the distance goal (10 miles) instead of the time goal (60 minutes) is working well to keep me motivated. Time can be unforgiving. But distance means if I want it to go faster, I can simply pedal faster.

First Bike Ride of the "Spring" (3/7/2009)On the biking front, I took a long ride along the Stratford shoreline with CRChair, Nick, Bowhunter, Mrs. Bowhunter, and Brother-of-Bowhunter on Saturday. The weather was amazing - near 60 degrees Fahrenheit all afternoon with just enough wind to keep the sweat from sticking around. We rode well over 10 miles and saw many small signs that Spring may be in the air (despite the return to freezing weather during the week). First Bike Ride of the "Spring" (3/7/2009)The most fun moment was when Bowhunter, Nick, and I took an unexplored side trip on a dirt road and found ourselves on the wrong side of the Housatonic River. We found a narrow spot and each took a different tack. Bowhunter rode on thru, I walked on thru (in waterproof shoes), and Nick leaped over. One guess as to which method is my favorite to recount. This was also our largest biking group of all-time with 6 people on a single trip. This Spring, we plan to do some group rides which should dwarf this crowd. it was a great time.
First Bike Ride of the "Spring" (3/7/2009)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fine and fit group!