Saturday, May 02, 2009

Biking Update - May 2, 2009

Biking up to Captains Pizza for GNO (4/29/2009) - 5A bad week for weight loss. I started out the week on a "free weekend" as I traveled to Lancaster, PA with the Bible Quiz Team I help to coach. A "free weekend", for those of you who are new to the blog, is a vacation from the diet where I can eat what I want... within reason. No sugar, still, but otherwise anything. I had burgers, I had mozzarella sticks, I had french fries, etc. All stuff that I normally avoid, or have in very small portions. During the weekend, my weight stayed completely flat. Great! But when I got home, even though I returned to the diet, my weight jumped up to 214 lbs (my previous low had been 207 lbs). It also did not help that allergies are giving me headaches and sore throats, which has made it hard to get onto the stationary bike. Overall, I wound up the week up a few pounds from last week, even though I was down from the high. Not a horrible week for biking, though, as we did bike up to Captains Pizza for Guys Night Out.

Next week will probably be better, as rain should clear out the air and thus my allergies, and cooler temperatures should make it a bit easier to keep biking even when it is just biking upstairs on the stationary bike. Keep praying for me on this. It is easy to keep losing weight when you're losing at a steady pace - motivation is snap. But when you are maintaining, or losing slowly, it is hard to stay on task.

Weight Log from May 1, 2009

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nomad said...

Sorry spammer. Ye ain't welcome a-here.

"Nick" said...

Persevere! The loss will come. It may be time to change up the way you work out, throw in a more intense resistance work out or something at a gym. The muscles are used to how you work them now, and so getting more muscles to do different things may help. Building more will also help you burn more calories.

Keep it up!

Nomad said...

Good advice, Nick, although I do NOT plan to buy a gym membership. But doing some new fitness activities - push-ups, crunches, playing some basketball perhaps - could definitely help. FYI, I was back down to 207.4 (close to my previous low) this morning.