Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Philly.Com disses the Philly Cheesesteak

Okay, it appears that a website dedicated to covering Philadelphia has opined that the Philly Cheesesteak is inferior to the Grilled Pork Sandwich. Isn't this like Stalin insulting vodka, or Fidel Castro giving up cigars, or Jimmy Carter admitting his secret love for M&Ms over Jelly Beans?

As for me and my house, we remain faithful to the cheesesteak... although we don't live anywhere near Philadelphia anymore, so I am not sure we get a vote.


Edit 1:24 PM EST: "like" changed to "live". Ah, the curse of having an intelligent, detail-oriented audience. ;-)

2 comments:

"Nick" said...

I'm sure the last sentence is supposed to read "we don't LIVE anywhere near Philadelphia anymore" .

I think you still like Philly:)

Nomad said...

Thanks. Typo is fixed. Both you and @robfay caught that one.