Monday, May 18, 2009

Recession Special: Peanut Butter Play Dough

Whether we are still in a Recession or not on a technical level, times are still tough. I was thinking over the weekends that my parents and my friend's parents had economized over the years, I was reminded of a fun recipe from my childhood: PEANUT BUTTER PLAY DOUGH. It is a cheap and easy recipe that my best friend's mother used to make when we lived in Cherry Hill, NJ (early 80s). It might be something that our readers with young children may want to try out now. It is non-toxic, edible/tasty, and if you add in food coloring then it is just as much "fun" as the official stuff. Click on over and check it out.

UPDATE: Sean made a good point about many kids having peanut allergies these days. For those in that particular boat, here are some alternate recipes including Kool-Aid play dough and coffee play dough. Honestly, I have never tried any of these, so try at your own risk. Although they all claim to be non-toxic, so the only real "risk" is tasting bad.

3 comments:

Sean said...

With every third kid being allergic to peanuts these days it might not be such a great idea to share with friends.

Kim said...

I know a 7 year old who will be VERY happy to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing. =)

Peanut Butter Jo said...

I think this idea is great! However, anything with peanut butter is! Thank you so much!