Saturday, June 20, 2009

Biking Update - June 20, 2009

Biking to GNO (6/17/2009) - 09A strange week for weight loss, and a soggy week for biking, but not a horrible week for either. Most of the week was rained out for the bike, and Saturday's prime biking hours were taken up with a retirement/birthday party for a dear friend. But I did manage to get out Sunday for a 20 mile solo ride along the Stratford Shoreline. Otherwise, I pooped out on both the stationary bike and on the 100 push-up challenge due to some overwhelming stress at work that left me exhausted most nights. I had neither energy nor the hours to plow through. Riding Solo along the Stratford Shoreline (6/14/2009)Luckily, my body does not appear to have penalized me much. I saw a spike of weight at the start of the week, but by the end I was back down to nominal. That is encouraging for keeping the weight off long-term. It means I can slack off from time to time, so long as I slack EITHER food-wise OR exercise-wise and NOT BOTH.

The next week should be better. The predicted weather is a bit sunnier and work should be calming down a bit. Hopefully, I can get "back on the wagon" for daily exercise starting tomorrow. The folding bike is in the shop for a tune-up, so I'll be back on my beloved Trek Navigator 3.0. I also need to finally bite the bullet and buy a new stationary bike, as the old one is truly a couple of rides from total collapse.

Weight log for June 19, 2009

No comments: