Sunday, July 05, 2009

Biking Update - July 5, 2009

Biking by the Shore in Stratford with CRChair (6/27/2009) - 04This was a good week for both weight loss and biking. CRChair and I started off the week biking down by the shore in Stratford, and racked up another 10 miles or so. It was a beautiful day, and one of the first in WEEKS without thunderstorms. I am not sure if our friends are aware of the weather in New England, but it has been almost 3 weeks since we last had a full day without rain or a thunderstorm (until July 4). The upside to all of the rain, though is beautiful cloud formations and the air only gets so hot. And we were again Biking by the Shore in Stratford with CRChair (6/27/2009) - 07reminded of how every ride brings about some new experience, as we saw a number of fisherman on the Sound catching large, beautiful fish. On the weight loss front, it was also a good week as I saw a new low of 205.2 lbs! This is the lowest I have weighed since high school, and the closest I have ever come to my new goal of 205.0 lbs. It is possible, but unlikely, that I will reach that goal by Monday, which is my birthday.

Of course, that also means that Monday is a "free day" when I am going to eat whatever I want. I do plan to have sugar for the first time since Thanksgiving, as I have a small ice cream from a nearby shop that makes it themselves. Then I am probably done with sugar until next Thanksgiving (we'll see about that, but I have been a lot happier without it). And I will be back to the diet on Tuesday morning. But I am taking the day off on Monday to celebrate, so there is a good chance I'll get an extra bike ride in.

Weight Log for July 3, 2009

No comments: