Saturday, August 29, 2009

Biking Update - August 28, 2009

Biking up to GNO (8/26/2009)Not a bad week for weight loss, and a good week for the return to biking. I pretty much stayed in the same range as the last few weeks - 208 to 206 lbs. But I got back onto the stationary bike most days this week and rode up to Captains for GNO. The new stationary bike is a different animal from the older ones, which were pretty simple belt-resistance or magnetic resistance models. This one has a variety of variable resistance programs - simulating a side in the park, strength intervals, riding up a mountain, etc. It is tough at the moment to find a setting which is both (1) hard enough in the easy parts and (2) easy enough in the hard parts. But I am sure that will come with time and experimentation. Tropical Storm Danny is spoiling the weekend rides, but hopefully I have many more weekends of riding on road and trails ahead of me before the winter hits.
Weight Log for August 28, 2009

No comments: