Saturday, September 12, 2009

Biking Update - September 12, 2009

Biking on the Airline Trail (9/5/2009) - 15Not a bad week for biking, until the flu came back to knock me down later on. We started out the week with a ride on the Airline Trail up in East Hampton - a gorgeous rail trail and a near-perfect ride (aside from CRChair's short-lived loss of his rear breaks. We rode 23 miles total (about 11.5 miles each way), which is definitely one of the longer rides this year. I then had a poorer day on Sunday when I tried to ride to church, Biking on the Airline Trail (9/5/2009) - 29but only made it a mile up the road before back and leg pain forced me to turn back. Then, a great night of riding on Tuesday for Guys Nite Out - including out first truly pitch-black ride home where my 25-watt headlight was invaluable. The temperature is great this time of year for riding, and the scenery could not have been more beautiful.

As for weight loss, it was a weird week. I spiked up significantly early in the week after eating out more than usual on Labor Day. Then I came back down significantly and ended off the week pretty much where I ended off last week. Hopefully, this upcoming week will provide some biking opportunities between the downpours, and will provide a more even keel for weight-loss

Weight Log for September 11, 2009

No comments: