Saturday, October 10, 2009

Changing Behavior thru Fun

One of the keys to my weight loss was finding an activity - cycling - that was not only effective in increasing my metabolism but was also fun. Too many exercise plans feel like you've stepped onto the deck of a 16th century slave ship, where a merciless taskmaster forces thru a repetitive motion. Likewise, I have found that small change in my behavior - parking in the back of the parking lot instead of the first space and always taking the stairs - can have disproportionate effects on my fitness.

This group has found a way to bring both forces into effect with an experiment in Stockholm, where they caused people to take the stairs when they injected some fun into it.

Posted via email from The Bike Nomad

1 comment:

BH said...

interesting way to plug VW