Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How would YOU respond to a Fukushima-type disaster

As we look at Japan with pity as they try to deal with the Fukushima Diachi nuclear disaster, it raises a very important question: HOW WOULD I REACT TO SUCH A DISASTER? Living in the New York Metropolitan area, there are a number of nuclear reactors within a few hours drive. And most of them could throw fallout my way in the case of a major accident. So what do I do? Luckily, some websites have posted maps showing the likely evacuation areas around NYC, Chicago, and LA for various nuclear plants.

This is useful info to have. If nothing else, it tells me that my best bet is to head NORTH in case of a disaster, as heading South might simply take me deeper into another reactor's radioactive shadow.

1 comment:

prasad said...

Every Country in this world should search for alternate to produce power all the countries should think of it and they have to produce power through wind and solar power then most of our power problems will solve. No other country will suffer from nuclear power plants now Japan is facing the problem every country should learn a lesson from it