Thursday, May 19, 2011

My thoughts on May 21st "Doomsday"

I have been trying to ignore the Family Radio madness predicting Doomsday on May 21, for fear of giving a false prophet publicity. But now it is all over the news everywhere, so my little blog is not adding to the noise.

My thoughts?

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. - Matthew 24:36
And also...
For you know quite well that the day of the Lord's return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. - 1 Thessalonians 5:2
So, first, anyone who claims to know when "the End" will come is claiming to have knowledge the Jesus Himself did not have. But, second, all Christians are called upon to live as though Jesus were returning any second.

Please, be kind on May 22 when we all wake up and find the world still here. There will be many people disillusioned and shocked that they were wrong. And most of them were not deceivers - they were deceived!

5 comments:

BH said...

by, "be kind", do you mean that stoning is out of the question?

Nomad said...

Yes. Remember, there is one False Prophet, and many sheep who were lead astray by this wolf. Don't punish the sheep for the actions of the wolf.

just wondering said...

Thanks for the reminder to be kind, so much happens and befuddles our minds, we wonder how Christians get involved, but I am certain that some where along the last 36 years, I have also been involved in some kind of confusion and the Lord is befuddled by my response. Thanks for reminding us that we are to restore others with a spirit of meekness less we find ourselves in the exact same situation.

BH said...

ok, but can we still stone the wolf? It just sounded like a good idea when I was sitting in my glass living room in my glass house.

Ward said...

As for at least stoning the one who is deceiving these poor people, well we still aren't called to, I believe. But remember that God has made it clear that there is terrible judgment on those in positions of authority who mislead their flocks.