Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Senator Kennedy has brain cancer

It is being reported today that Senator Ted Kennedy has been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor, after collapsing the other day with a seizure.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080520/ap_on_go_co/kennedy

Mod-bloggers who know me in real life may be aware that my father died of the same kind of malady. While the exact kind of cancer that the Senator is suffering from has not yet been determined, it is the same general classification. The good news for the Senator from our experience is that my father lived a long time after his first diagnosis - he was first diagnosed when I was in 4th grade and lived to see me enter college. The bad news is that it did eventually take his life - when I was a sophomore in college.

My prayers are with Senator Kennedy and his family today.

No comments: