Friday, May 30, 2008

This one is for Bowhunter

This may easily be the funniest and most painful thing I have read in months. Only click thru if you have no problem delighting in the pain of others. Luckily, Looney Tunes and Itchy and Scratchy prove few of us have a problem with this. Bowhunter has to read this either way!

As I sit here behind this laptop, I now realize that this definitely wasn’t the brightest idea I have ever had. I was going to rope a deer, put it in a stall, feed it up on corn for a couple of weeks, then kill it and eat it...The first thing that I learned is that, while a deer may just stand there looking at you funny while you rope it, they are spurred to action when you start pulling on that rope.

That deer EXPLODED.

The second thing I learned is that pound for pound, a deer is a LOT stronger than a cow or a colt. A cow or a colt in that weight range I could fight down with a rope and with some dignity.

A deer– no chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. Mrs. BowHunter and I laughed. I have seen some deer do some amazing things. They can leap their 200lb bodies over 7ft fences, they can pull an arrow out of their sides with their teeth, and they can run over 100 yards even after you leave a huge hole where their lungs and heart used to be. Deer are not to be taken lightly. I now hunt from a tree stand but when I used to hunt from the ground, I always took a backup weapon in case my arrow didn't do the job and the deer came looking for some payback.