Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Apple now suggests "multiple" Antivirus programs

After years of bragging about MacOS X's invulnerability to computer virii (there has never been a virus for MacOS X seen in the wild), they are now changing their tune. Not only are they recommending antivirus software, but actually recommending multiple, overlapping software so that hackers can not target only a single algorithm. This leads to the obvious question: "What do they know that we do not?" Is this simply a move to insulate them against potential future lawsuits, or is there a MacOS X virus out there that we just don't know about yet?

4 comments:

CRCHAIR said...

"I'm scared...hold me."

Sean said...

just what i need one more, i mean two more, no three more things to take up processes on my computer. i love my macs, but i sure wish the company would be more forthcoming with information when they make a statement like this.

Sean said...

After reading the article I'm amending my previous comment...

I understand the argument that Apple is making, but 90+% of safety on the web goes back to user behavior. Below are tips that I give to my clients when they ask me about Anti-Virus programs...

http://bit.ly/UZGj

Sean said...

That was supposed to be a link http://bit.ly/UZGj